Tuesday, May 28, 2019

May Madness Madness: Part Three: My Medallion is Complete!

First off, let me start out by saying that I'm sorry for not posting last week at all. Life threw me a bit of a curve ball and I needed time to recoup.

I did finish my Ronald the Mule medallion, sculpted by Audrey Dixon, and dubbed him "Wowza" as I already have a "Ronald" as I was lucky enough to purchase one that Audrey Dixon painted to a lovely, dappled pearly grey!

Also, I did not take progress photos when I finished Wowza. What I ended up doing was another two layers of white pastels over the darkened spots, as well as a bit of light brown on the face to tone down the white markings and black spots there slightly too. Once that was done, I went back in with colored pencils, tweaked the white and black spots on face, added a bit more variation to the mane, and then proceeded to seal Wowza with a matte sealer spray and then I glossed his eye. I think he turned out quite well!

(He turned out quite cute! I mean who can resist that face?)


(Audrey Dixon's dappled pearly gray mule & my own spotted mule in my curio)

While my official medallion is done, I am hoping to at least get one of the three I purchased done. Plus, we can't forget about all the other awesome medallions that are being worked by Model Horse Blabbers!

Till the next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment