Tuesday, May 14, 2019

May Medallion Madness: Part Two: Combining the Knowledge

Last week after working on my medallion with Shannon, I did put in a little more work. I cautiously, shaved a small bit off my drawing pastels (though not a lot as I quite like them for drawing on paper!) and tried to add more layers of white.

(First layer of extra white-can't really tell the difference...)

When this proved unsuccessful I transitioned to an acrylic wash and darkened some of the spots that were meant to be black based off my reference.

(White wash and darkened spots along with eye started as I had the white paint out anyway, right?)

From there, I used colored pencils to work on softening edges as well as continuing to use acrylics to work on the eye. I will say, this medallion has a lovely eye if I do say so myself (and I am!).


(Where I left off for the time being.)
Once I have different pastels & pigments in hands, I will go back and do another layer or two of white to soften the body as well as several spots on the face. This Ronald the Mule medallion is coming along well, and I'm looking forward to finishing it.

Till the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment