Thursday, February 21, 2019

Nobody's Perfect

This will not be a long post, as it's been a long, tiring (in a good way) day, and I have still not mastered the art of deadlines/non-procrastination. I am determined to keep up with the schedule of Tuesday & Thursday postings.

Anyway, this post is simply about relaxing. What I mean by that is that we tend to take offense or feel insulted easily. We're quick to offend, and quick to strike back. What's the point of all that? Seriously, why do we feel such a need to rip and tear each other down?

I'm as guilty as the next person, even if I have gotten better over the years when I first recognized the problem, but I'm not perfect. No one is. That's the point. So why do we expect everybody else to be? Even with sayings like "nobody's perfect" floating around and being used frequently, we still expect it. Is it human nature? No clue. As I said, this post is short tonight as I'm pooped. Just some food for thought really.

The next time you start to gossip, speak to a person, or post on whatever social media they may be on, just take a few extra minutes to ask WHY you feel the need to do so. Is it a genuine CRITIQUE that will help better the person, or is merely your OPINION? Can you state what you want to say in a manner that you'd like someone to speak to you or not? Do you even need to say what you feel like saying?

Just take a minute, or even just a pause the next time you feel the need to tear someone down. While we certainly can't make everyone happy, we don't need to make them all miserable either.

Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment